The UAMS Arkansas Geriatric Education Collaborative (AGEC) is accepting applications for the 2021-2022 Geriatric Student Scholar Program. The deadline to apply is 3 p.m., October 1, 2021.
The purpose of the Geriatric Student Scholars program (sponsored by AGEC) is to increase health professions students’ interest and exposure to older adults, improve knowledge of older adults and the specialized care they need, and to promote interprofessional collaboration among health professions students. The scholar program’s aim is to support emerging healthcare professionals’ education and participation surrounding specialized needs for older adults, and to foster interprofessional collaboration in academic and clinical geriatrics. The goal of the Geriatric Workforce Enhancement Program (GWEP) is to enhance the quality of health care for elderly Arkansans through research, education and training. The Geriatric Student Scholars program is an excellent way to achieve this goal and mentor future healthcare team members.
- Four students selected for the 2021 – 2022 academic year
- Any 2nd – 4th year students from the College of Medicine, College of Pharmacy, College of Nursing, College of Public Health, or College of Health Professions may apply
- $1,000 stipend provided at the end of spring semester 2022
- DEADLINE EXTENDED: Submit application, including all required attachments, no later than October 1, 2021 at 3 p.m. via email to Dr. Robin McAtee at McAteeRobinE@uams.edu.
- The AGEC Student Scholars program runs from October 1, 2021 through the Spring 2022 semester.
To read about our previous year’s scholars, click here.
The UAMS Arkansas Geriatric Education Collaborative (AGEC) is funded by the Health Resources and Services Administration’s Geriatric Workforce Enhancement Program under grant #U1QHP28723.