UAMS has a variety of programs to help individuals with chronic pain and opioid addiction.
For opioid addiction questions or assistance,
- Call center available 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., call 501-526-8459 or toll free 833-872-7404
- UAMS Center for Addiction Services and Treatment
- UAMS Chronic Pain Division
Chronic Pain Self-Management Program (CPSMP)
Currently unavailable due to social distancing restrictions
CPSMP is a 6-week free workshop available by request for groups (10 persons or more). The workshop helps participants, and their support person, deal with the ongoing issues associated with chronic pain. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to request a program.
Feel free to contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at 501-603-1965 for more information on free community programs in Arkansas for older adults and family caregivers to learn more about community programs.
Chronic Pain Book
The UAMS “Chronic Pain and What You Can Do About It” education/pain journaling book is available after completion of the CPSMP class above.
The book will help you:
- Learn some basic facts about chronic pain
- Understand ways to manage your chronic pain
- Understand how to work with your doctor to use, store and stop taking opioids safely
- Talk with your doctor about how to better manage your chronic pain
- Visit AR-IMPACT for continuing education opportunities
The UAMS Arkansas Geriatric Education Collaborative (AGEC) is funded by the Health Resources and Services Administration’s Geriatric Workforce Enhancement Program under grant #U1QHP28723